Below guide will teach you How to Replace Heater Core Hoses. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Heater Hose
- Hose Clamp
- Cooling System Pressure Tester
- Drain Pan
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Hose Clamp Pliers
- DIY Costs: Est. $22.55 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $89.85 parts and labor
- Lift the hood and find the heater core hoses.
- Examine carefully and see if there are any sings of leak.
- You can opt for pressure test to locate the leaking point.
- Evacuate the cooling system and unfasten the hose clamps.
- Take the damaged hose out of the heater core.
- Take a new hose and install it in the place of leaking hose.
- Fill the cooling system with fresh coolant.
- Apply pressure test to check for leak again.
- Turn on the engine and let it remain idle for some time. Recheck the system for any leaks.