Below guide will teach you How to Adjust and Lubricate a Clutch Linkage . Please follow the instructions carefully.
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $55.34 parts and labor
- Before commencing the repair work, take a small drive to have a better idea about the problem and you will rectify it appropriately.
- During the drive, focus on the free play in the clutch pedal and also the smooth transition from one gear to another.
- If nothings work well, you have to adjust the clutch linkage.
- Take white lithium grease and apply it on the clutch linkage.
- The free play in the clutch pedal can be adjusted by adjusting the threaded rod located at the outer end of the clutch linkage. This threaded rod often connected to a cable.
- Take the clutch pedal return spring away and unfasten the threaded rod.
- Adjust the threaded rod properly so that there is no free play at the transmission.
- Before securing the rod, examine the clutch pedal and make sure that there is no more than 1-inch of free play.
- Secure the threaded rod with locknut and put the clutch pedal return spring back to its place.
Points to Remember
- Always use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure your safety during the repair work such as protective eye-goggles, latex gloves, closed toe shoes etc.