Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Fuel Pump Assembly . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Combination Wrench Set
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $197.63 parts and labor
- Secure the vehicle on a flat surface and pull the parking brake.
- Unfasten the straps or bolts holding the fuel tank in place, but before that support the tank on jack. Discard the filler tube hose and move the tank down with floor jack.
- Told your assistant to turn the ignition key to ON position at the same time you examine the power at the fuel pump assembly.
- Connect the negative lead of the digital multimeter (DMM) to a good ground whole the positive lead to the power cable at the fuel pump assembly. If the DMM shows any voltage reading, there is a need to replace the fuel pump assembly. However, if DMM shows zero reading then the problem is with power elements.
- Ease the pressure of the fuel system and discard the negative battery cable from the terminal.
- Discard electrical connections and fuel lines from the fuel pump assembly.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the fuel pump in fuel tank and pull the fuel pump assembly out of the fuel tank.
- Position the new fuel pump assembly into the tank and secure it with the bolts.
- Reconnect the electrical connections and the fuel lines.
- Raise the fuel tank and secure it with mounting straps or bolts. Reconnect the filler tube hose.
- Reattach the negative battery cable to the terminal.
- Switch the engine on and observe any leak from the tank or at the ends of the hoses or lines.