Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Tail Pipe . Please follow the instructions carefully.
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $102.77 parts and labor
- Secure the vehicle on a flat surface and secure the front wheels with log or wedge.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle with the help of floor jack.
- Support the vehicle on the jack stands so that you can work safely under the vehicle.
- Look for the exhaust tail pipe on the rear.
- Using penetrating lubricant spray on the clamp nuts, unfasten the clamp nuts holding the tail pipe to the exhaust.
- Remove hangers connecting the tail pipe to the frame. Take the tail pipe away.
- Take a new tail pipe and position it in its place and secure it with the clamp nuts.
- Reattach the hanger.
Tips & Warning
- Always use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent injuries while working on your vehicle such as safety goggles, latex gloves, and closed toe shoes.