Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Cabin Air Filter . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Cabin Air Filter
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- DIY Costs: Est. $26.35 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $100.43 parts and labor
- First of all you have to locate your cabin air filter. You may have to refer to your owner’s manual for this. In some vehicles, the cabin air filter is positioned in the engine compartment; while in others, you can find it in the interior under the dashboard. Few vehicles come with more than one cabin air filters as well. While replacing the cabin air filter make sure that you have checked both the filters.
- Remove the box covering the cabin air filter. Examine the filter for dust, dirt or any other contaminants which are blocking the air flow.
- Before installing the new filter, wipe the filter box and surrounding area to remove the dust.
- Fix the new filter in its respective place and replace the covering.
- Turn on the A/C and check the working of new cabin air filter.