Below guide will teach you How to Replace an Air Filter . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Air Filter
- DIY Costs: Est. $12.52 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $46.39 parts and labor
- Park the vehicle on a level surface and prop the engine hood up.
- Look for the air filter box in the engine compartment.
- Unclamp the clips and take the mounting screws off from the air filter box cover.
- Remove the cover from the filter box and take out the air filter. For reference purpose, note the position of the air filter in the box.
- Thoroughly clean the filter box and remove any dust, dirt or other debris from it. Using compressed air for cleaning is not recommended for air filter box.
- Put the new air filter in the filter box in same position as old filter was positioned.
- Put the cover back onto the filter box and secure the cover with clips and mounting screws.
- Make certain that all the connection from air intake and vacuum hoses are properly installed.