Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Front Bumper . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Bumper Mounting Kit
- Floor Jack
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Shallow Standard Socket Set
- 1/2 in. Drive Ratchet
- 3/8 in. Drive Torque Wrench
- DIY Costs: Est. $463.94 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $719.35 parts and labor
If you want to remove a front bumper, follow the given directions:
- Park the car on leveled surface and make sure that the parking brakes are applied.
- If any reflectors and fog lamps are attached to the front bumper, detach the wiring connections.
- Take a floor jack and support the bumper on that jack before removing the bolts on mounting brackets.
- Once the bolts are removed, lower the bumper and place it on the ground watchfully.
- Now, the time is to take all the attached components away from the front bumper such as reflectors, fog lights, bumper trim and license plate.
- Now take the new bumper and attach all the components you have removed from the damaged bumper.
- Now place the front bumper on its specific place and fasten the bolts on mounting brackets.
- Reconnect the wiring connections to fog lights and reflectors. You are done.