Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Power Seat Motor . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Seat Motor
- Continuity Tester
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $176.61 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $326.98 parts and labor
- Try to adjust the seat with the help of switch.
- Take the seat trim panel away and see whether the switch is getting power and properly grounded.
- Remove the switch and directly supply the power to the seat motor to check whether the switch is defective or problem is with the motor.
- Detach the negative cable from negative terminal of the battery.
- Remove the power seat and dismiss all the electrical connections.
- Now take the defective power seat motor out of the vehicle. Purchase the new power seat motor for your vehicle type and secure it at its place.
- Supply power to the motor to check whether it’s working or not before reinstalling the power seat.
- Connect all the electrical connections and then fasten the power seat at its place.
- Now replace the power seat switch and power seat trim panel.
- Join the negative terminal back and inspect the replaced power seat motor for its working.