Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Windshield Wiper Motor . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Test Light
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $102.77 parts and labor
- Wiper motor is usually positioned in the engine compartment along the firewall.
- Before proceeding your repair check the fuse whether it is defective or not.
- Make your way to the wiper motor assembly, ask assistant to switch on the ignition and also the windshield wiper switch.
- Make use of test light, inspect the motor is properly earthed and getting power.
- Switch off the ignition and detach the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wiper arm assembly and also the wiring harness from the motor.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the wiper motor and take it out.
- Take a new motor and install it carefully. You can take help from the owner’s manual for proper torque setting.
- Reconnect the wiring harness and wiper arm assembly to the new motor.
- Reattach the negative battery cable to the negative terminal.
- Check the newly installed motor and make sure it is properly installed.