Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Window Regulator with Motor . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Window Regulator
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $55.12 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $392.74 parts and labor
- First take the door handles and switches away. This will help you to remove the door trim panel quite easily.
- Take the vapor barrier out.
- Detach the glass from window regulator and tape it to door panel. You need not to remove the glass.
- Detach all the electrical connectors from the window motor.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the window regulator and glide the window regulator along with motor via the interior access opening.
- Position the new window regulator with motor in place and secure them with bolts.
- Reattach the electrical connectors to the motor.
- Put the window glass back on to the window regulator.
- Install the vapor barrier and also the interior door trim panel.
- Put back the handles and switches.
- Roll the window up and down several times to inspect the repair work.