Below guide will teach you How to Replace Power Steering Fluid . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Combination Wrench Set
- Drain Pan
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Power Steering Fluid
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
- Park the car on flat surface and apply the parking brake.
- Lift the engine hood and find the power steering reservoir.
- Search for the lower power steering pump hose and disconnect it.
- Put a drain pan underneath the reservoir to collect the fluid.
- Reconnect the power steering pump hole after the reservoir is empty.
- Fill the reservoir with fresh power steering fluid up to the Max mark.
- Recap the fluid reservoir.
- Switch the engine on and wiggle the steering wheel from left to right.
- After some time, turn off the engine and check the fluid level again.
- Pour more fluid id required.