Below guide will teach you How to Balance a Tire and Wheel. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface and raise the vehicle on floor jack. First raise the front of the vehicle and support it on jack stands, then raise the rear of the vehicle and support it on jack stands. Now you have your vehicle secured on jack stands.
- Use an appropriate socket, ratchet or tire iron to break loose the lug nuts holding the wheel in place. Take the lug nuts away and remove all the four wheels of the vehicle. In some cases you may have to remove the hub caps to access the lug nuts.
- Wipe off all the dust, dirt and debris from the wheels. Separate the wheel weights from wheels.
- Position the wheel on the balance machine and switch the machine on.
- Whenever necessary, reinstall the wheel weights. When a wheel is perfectly balanced, remove that wheel from the machine and install the other and repeat the process for rest of the wheels.
- Put the wheels back to the vehicle and secure them with lug nuts.
- Remove the jack stands and lower the vehicle.
- Take a small drive and feel the difference.
Tips & Warning
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while doing repair work on your vehicle. This protective clothing such as safety goggles, latex gloves, and closed toe shoes keep your safe from injuries.