Below guide will teach you How to Perform a Brake Adjustment . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Combination Wrench Set
- Breaker Bar
- Mallet Hammer
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Jack Stand Set
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- 1/2 in. Drive Torque Wrench
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface. Chock the front wheels as well.
- Take a floor jack and raise the rear of the vehicle.
- Support the vehicle on jack stands in order to ensure safety during repair work because floor jack alone is not enough to guarantee your safety.
- You have to take the rubber ring grommet or ring out of the slot on the backing plate in order to make adjustment in rear brake shoes. Using screwdriver, move the star wheel to tune the brake shoes.
- Take the center console box out.
- Locate the locknut positioned at the rear of the handbrake lever. Unfasten the locknut.
- Spin the adjusting nut unless you feel that the parking brake is now having a right adjustment.
- Fasten the locknut and reassemble the center console box.
- Once the repair is done, make sure that the adjustments made are properly working.