Below guide will teach you How to Pressure Test a Radiator and Cap . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Cooling System Pressure Tester
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $276.68 parts and labor
- Make sure that the engine is cold. Prop the engine hood up.
- Adjust the cooling system pressure tester on the radiator. Follow manufacturer’s manual for proper installation.
- Apply pressure with the pressure tester and look carefully for any leakage.
- Make sure that the radiator cap hold the pressure, otherwise replace it with new cap.