Below guide will teach you How to Replace a C.O.P. Type Ignition Coil . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Scan Tool
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Ignition Coil
- DIY Costs: Est. $56.43 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $174.85 parts and labor
- Turn the vehicle on and inspect the status of check engine light.
- While engine is still running, make certain that the check engine line is showing ON status.
- Attach the scanner to the OBD output.
- Recover the diagnostic trouble code(s) with the help of scanner.
- With the help of misfire code, find the coil attached to the particular cylinder related to the code.
- Discard the wiring connectors from the defective coil.
- Now, unfasten the bolts and screws holding the coil and take it out.
- Position the new coil and secure it with bolts and screws.
- Reconnect the wiring connectors to the new coil.
- Following the instructions given on scanner’s manual, clear the check engine code.
- Turn the vehicle on and inspect status of the check engine light again.