Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Fuel Tank Cap . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Gas Cap
- DIY Costs: Est. $12.64 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $78.16 parts and labor
- Prop the engine hood up and look for the fuel door.
- Take the fuel tank off by opening the fuel door.
- Take the fuel tank cap off.
- Examine the fuel tank cap and seal for any visible damage.
- Fit a new fuel tank cap.
- You may need to reset the check engine light, if it is caused by a damaged fuel tank cap.