Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Throttle Body . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Throttle Body
- DIY Costs: Est. $393.01 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $582.33 parts and labor
- Prop the engine hood up and find the engine’s throttle body in the engine compartment.
- Discard the air intake duct from the throttle body.
- Carefully examine the throttle body ports for any sings of carbon.
- Examine the throttle bore and throttle body assemblies as well.
- Take the throttle cable off from the throttle body control lever.
- Discard all the air vacuum hoses and the throttle position sensor from the throttle body.
- Take throttle body assembly out by removing the mounting screws.
- Remove the old gasket and wipe off the mounting surface on the manifold and throttle body to remove any pieces of old gasket.
- Position a new gasket on the manifold mounting surface and adjust the new throttle body on it and secure it with screws.
- Reconnect all the vacuum hoses, throttle position sensor and throttle cable to the new throttle body.
- Reconnect the air intake duct to the throttle body.
- Turn the vehicle on and make sure that the new throttle body is properly operating.