Below guide will teach you How to Replace an A/C Compressor . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- A/C Compressor
- A/C Machine
- Safety Glasses
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $30.95 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $398.44 parts and labor
- Park the car and lift the engine hood. Detach the negative battery cable from the terminal.
- Find the position of the a/c compressor and pull the a/c belt out from the a/c compressor pulley.
- Take a refrigerate recovery machine and vacate the a/c system.
- Unfasten the screws and disconnect the refrigerant lines from the compressor. Check the lines for any clogging or contaminants. Clean them properly.
- Cut off all the electrical connectors from the compressor.
- Take the compressor out by unfastening the bolts.
- Take a new a/c compressor and fix it on its respective place with bolts.
- Set up all the electrical connections and refrigerant lines again to the compressor.
- Put the negative battery cable back to the terminal.
- Using a/c servicing machine, remove the air present in the a/c system and lines.
- Check for any leakage and repair them.
- Using the servicing machine, charge the a/c system.
- Switch on the engine and turn the a/c on. The cold air from air ducts indicates that the new compressor is properly installed.