Below guide will teach you How to Replace an A/C Condenser . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- A/C Condenser
- Combination Wrench Set
- A/C Machine
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- DIY Costs: Est. $174.23 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $527.13 parts and labor
- First of all detach the negative battery cable from the terminal.
- Find the a/c condenser and examine it carefully for any cracks or leak.
- Take a recovery machine and discharge the a/c system or evacuate the system.
- Disconnect all the grilles, lock braces, supports and also refrigerant lines. Make sure that you cap the lines immediately after disconnecting them.
- Remove the condenser by unfastening the bolts.
- Take a new condenser and secure it in its place with bolts.
- Before connecting the refrigerant lines, apply some compressor oil on them. Reconnect all the O-rings.
- Reconnect grilles, supports and lock braces.
- Take a recovery machine and remove air from the system. Using the same machine create a vacuum in the system to check for any possible leaks.
- Use servicing machine to recharge the a/c system. Consult your owner’s manual for the right kind of refrigerant.
- Reattach the negative battery cable to the terminal.
- Turn on the engine and switch on a/c. you will feel cold air coming from the air ducts.