Below guide will teach you How to Replace an A/C Line or Hose . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- A/C Hose
- Combination Wrench Set
- A/C Machine
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Flare Nut Wrench
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $80.11 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $252.63 parts and labor
- Lift the hood and remove the negative battery cable from the terminal with the help of wrench.
- Find the a/c lines and hoses. Take an a/c recovery machine and evacuate the a/c system.
- Disconnect the torn or damaged hoses and lines.
- Take new O-rings, lines and hoses and replace them with the old torn ones.
- Reattach the negative battery cable to the terminal.
- Using the a/c recovery machine, pull the vacuum on the system to check any leaks.
- Take an appropriate refrigerant and recharge you’re a/c system with it. Don’t use any other refrigerant than recommended.
- Start the engine and turn on a/c. check whether the system is blowing a cold air or not. Cold air means the replaced lines and hoses are working fine.