Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Timing Belt . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Combination Wrench Set
- Pulley Puller
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Harmonic Balancer Installer
- Serpentine Belt Tool
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- 3/8 in. Drive Torque Wrench
- Timing Belt
- DIY Costs: Est. $98.21 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $392.57 parts and labor
- Prop the engine hood up and look for the timing belt cover.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from terminal.
- Take the harmonic balancer out.
- Take the timing cover off and get at valve timing marks.
- Straighten the camshaft and crankshaft sprocket timing marks.
- Take the old timing belt out and replace it with new one.
- With new timing belt in place, make sure that the camshaft and crankshaft are in line.
- Fix new timing cover seal and timing cover replacing the old ones.
- Now, reinstall the harmonic balancer with the help of appropriate tool.
- Add coolant to the radiator.
- Change the old oil filter with new one and also add new oil to the engine.
- Reattach the negative battery cable to the terminal.
- Make sure that the new timing belt is properly installed.