Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Windshield. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Rubber Lubricant
- Weatherstrip Seal
- DIY Costs: Est. $294.76 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $664.01 parts and labor
- Observe the windshield carefully for any cracks.
- You have to remove the body trim pieces such as windshield moldings.
- You need to have a windshield removal tool to take the windshield out of its channel.
- Once the windshield is removed, take the seal off from its channel and remove the small broken pieces of glass.
- Make use of thin rope or draw cord to fix it around the weather stripping in the flange groove.
- To make your installation process easy, you can use the rubber lubrication on the seat.
- To install the new windshield, you need to take help from assistant. With the help of your assistant, position the glass and weather stripping atop the windshield opening.
- Ask the assistant to put pressure to the outside of the windshield. It is to remove the thin remove.
- Ask the assistant to keep apply the pressure and in a mean while you pull the rope out from inside of the vehicle.
- While pulling out the rope, make this thing certain that the weather stripping takes it place over the flange and seal the windshield.
- Reinstall the removed body trim pieces.