Below guide will teach you How to Replace an Expansion Tank. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $118.58 parts and labor
- Make certain that the engine is cold and the vehicle is parked on a level surface with parking brake applied.
- Prop the engine hood up and look for the radiator.
- On the radiator, find overflow hose as this will guide you to the expansion tank.
- Examine the expansion tank carefully for sings of leak.
- Discard the radiator overflow hose and allow the fluid drain out of the expansion tank.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the expansion tank in place and take the tank out.
- Take a new expansion tank and position it properly into the engine compartment.
- Secure the expansion tank with bolts. Reattach the radiator overflow hose to the expansion tank.
- Add coolant to the radiator and expansion tank up to the required mark.
- Examine the tank for any leakage.
- Turn the vehicle on and recheck the expansion tank for signs of leak.