Below guide will teach you How to Adjust a Headlight . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Tape Measure
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
- Park the car about 25 feet away from a wall so that the front of your car is facing a wall. Make certain that the surface is level.
- First take measurement of the distance between the ground and the headlight lenses. Then, take measurement of the distance between the two headlight lenses.
- Take a horizontal strip of masking tape and position is on the wall four inches lower than the headlight lenses. Make sure that the tape is positioned in front of the car. Draw a centerline.
- Switch the headlights on and keep them on low beam.
- Now you have to turn the vertical adjustment screw up to the time when the headlight beam is in line with the tape on the wall.
- Similarly, turn the horizontal adjustment screw till the headlight beam is straightened. Horizontal adjustment needs you to make certain that the beams on the wall should have equal distance as that between the headlight lamps.