Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Front Bumper Cover . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Buffing Ball
- Bumper Clip
- Bumper Cover
- Clip Remover
- DA Sander
- File Set
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- Scraper Blade
- 1/2 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $543.34 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $838.77 parts and labor
Follow the directions given below to replace the front bumper cover easily:
- You have to take the front wheel well liners off so that you can access the bolts holding the bumper.
- Take a new front bumper cover and make sure that it is pre-primed because it is stronger against corrosion and possesses strong paint adhesive properties. If you choose an unprimed bumper cover, you need to paint it first before installing.
- You may need to sand the whole bumper cover to make it free from debris, dirt or other contaminants. Use 600-grit wet sandpaper for this task.
- Now use a basecoat of paint on the whole front bumper cove and leave it to dry for sometime.
- Once the basecoat is dry, apply the clear coat of the paint.
- Once the paint is dry, examine the surface for any nibs or dirt particles stuck in the paint.
- Use the razor blade to remove the dirt particles from the paint surface.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with soapy water. Spray on the surface where dirt is accumulated.
- Now, take 1500 grit sandpaper soaked in soapy water sand the surface by applying slight pressure.
- Use circular motions while sanding the surface. Replace the sandpaper with 2000 grit soaked sandpaper and repeat the circular motion.
- Now mix some alcohol with water and use this mixture to clean the surface.
- To remove the swirl marks of sanding, apply compound polish to the surface.
- Now you are ready to install the bumper cover back to its position. Replace the damaged clips and retainers.