Below guide will teach you How to Rotate Tires . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stand Set
- Air Pressure Gauge
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $79.05 parts and labor
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface.
- Take the hub caps away and loosen the lug nuts of the front as well as rear wheels. Keep them in place for a while.
- First raise the front of the vehicle with floor jack and support it with jack stands. Then, raise the rear of the vehicle with floor jacks and support it on the jack stands. Now you have all four corners secured on jack stands.
- Examine the tires for any visible damage.
- Take the lug nuts away and take the wheel assemblies out of the vehicle.
- Now, you need to rotate the front wheel assemblies towards the back direction and that of rear wheel assemblies towards the front direction. This cross rotation of the tires is essential.
- Put the tires or wheel assemblies back to the vehicle.
- Secure the wheels properly with lug nuts. Follow the star pattern to fasten the lug nuts.
- Remove the jack stands and ground the vehicle by lowering the floor jacks.
- Again fasten the lug nuts carefully.
- Record the tire pressure for all the four tires and inflate them as required.
Tips & Warning
- It is strictly suggested to turn the tires from front to backward direction by keeping in view the disposition of lofty performance of tires and mounting techniques.
- In order to get the accurate pressure readings, make certain that the tires are not hot and in resting position for quite a long time, to say for an hour. This is necessary because the pressure increases when temperature of the tire increases.