Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Fan Shroud . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Fan Shroud
- DIY Costs: Est. $58.70 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $198.69 parts and labor
- Make sure that the engine is cold. Prop the engine hood up and look for the fan shroud.
- Fan shroud normally attached to the radiator. Examine the fan shroud carefully for any signs of damage, cracks, or any other wear and tear.
- Remove the bolts holding the upper fan shroud.
- Take the upper fan shroud away from the lower fan shroud by unfastening the tabs holding them together.
- Next, unfasten the bolts holding the lower fan shroud to the radiator and take it out also.
- Fix the new lower fan shroud to the radiator and secure it with bolts.
- Now, position the new upper fan shroud over the lower fan shroud properly and secure it with the help of mounting bolts.
- In the end, switch the engine on and make sure that the electric cooling fan doesn’t come in contact with shroud.