Below guide will teach you How to Check the Brake Fluid Level. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Brake Fluid
- DIY Costs: Est. $41.95 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $122.26 parts and labor
- Make sure that the vehicle is parked on a level surface and the engine is not hot.
- Prop the engine hood up and look for the brake master cylinder reservoir. You can find it on the driver side.
- Closely examine the fluid condition, its color, its thickness etc. If the fluid is clear and fine, make certain that the fluid is somewhere between the ‘Min’ and ‘Max’ level marks. You can examine the level by removing the cap of the reservoir as well.
- Wipe off any debris or dirt from the reservoir cover.
- If the level of the fluid is less than the required level, add more fluid to the reservoir. Make sure that the new fluid is recommended for your vehicle type.
- Put the cover or cap back to the reservoir.
Tips & Safety
- While working with your vehicle, it is essential to use protective clothing to prevent injuries. Make use of safety goggles, latex gloves and closed toe shoes to ensure your safety.