Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Hood Latch /Lock Assembly. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Hood Latch
- Hood Lock
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdrive
- DIY Costs: Est. $64.03 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $145.11 parts and labor
Follow the given steps to replace a hood latch with ease:
- To access the hood latch, lift the engine hood and secure it with hood prop.
- If there are any covers over the latch, remove them.
- Unfasten the nuts holding the latch with the radiator support.
- On the back of the latch assembly, you will find a hood release cable and spring. Take them away and keep them at safe place.
- Take the new latch and fix the hood release cable and spring to it.
- Position the new latch assembly properly at its appropriate place and secure it with the help nuts to the radiator support.
- Fasten the bolts properly.
- Now, check the working of the newly installed latch assembly by closing the hood.
- Lift the hood again and put back the covers to complete the task.