Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Transmission Mount . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Jack Stand Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $118.58 parts and labor
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface and apply parking brake.
- Using floor jack, lift the front of the vehicle. Chock the rear wheels.
- Nothing is more important than your safety. Use jack stands to rest the vehicle on them so that your vehicle is properly secured on the stands.
- Search for transmission in the engine compartment. Observe it closely for any signs of damage.
- You need a wood block and a floor jack to prop the transmission. You must not lift the transmission.
- Take off the nuts holding the cross member to the transmission mount.
- Take the cross member away by unfastening the bolts retaining the cross member to the frame.
- After removing the cross member, take the transmission mount off the vehicle.
- Take a new transmission mount and position it in its place in the vehicle.
- Reattach the cross member to the new transmission mount and frame.
- Shift the vehicle down and test drive it.
- Make sure that the new transmission mount doesn’t make any excessive noises and vibrations.