Below guide will teach you How to Perform a Basic Engine Tune Up-Spark Plug and Wire Change . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Spark Plug Socket Set
- Spark Plug Wire Puller
- 3/8 in. Drive 6 in. Socket Extension
- Spark Plug
- DIY Costs: Est. $31.32 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $139.73 parts and labor
- Locate the vehicle’s spark plugs. In some models, you can find it easily connected to the spark plug wires while in others these are covered with a plastic cover.
- It is better to mark each of the plug wire for reference purposes so that you can reconnect them accurately later.
- Take the old spark plugs out and install the new spark plugs in place.
- If wires are worn, it is better to replace them with new ones. For better results, always disconnect and connect the wires one by one.