Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Fuel Tank . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Fuel Tank
- DIY Costs: Est. $235.17 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $638.91 parts and labor
- Find the fuel tank in your vehicle.
- Examine it carefully for any signs of leak.
- Look for the fuel pump fuse and take it out.
- Turn the engine on to ease the pressure in fuel system.
- Drain out all the fuel from the fuel tank into a clean container with a lid so that you can keep the fuel safe.
- Secure the fuel tank on jack.
- Unfasten he straps or bolts so that the fuel tank detach from the frame.
- Remove all the lines or hoses and any other components attached to the fuel tank.
- Lower the fuel tank and drag it out of the vehicle.
- Support the new tank on jack and connect all the removed components back onto the new tank.
- Raise the fuel tank and secure it to the frame with straps or bolts.
- Fill the new tank with gas and observe the tank for any signs of leak.
- Put the fuse back to the fuel pump and turn the engine on. Wait for some time and recheck the tanks and its surrounding areas for any signs of leak.
- Take a small drive to ensure that the new fuel tank is properly installed.