Below guide will teach you How to Replace an Oil Pressure Switch (Sensor) . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Combination Wrench Set
- Oil Pressure Switch Socket
- 3/8 in. Drive 6 in. Socket Extension
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Oil Pressure Switch
- DIY Costs: Est. $124.63 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $210.30 parts and labor
- Prop the engine hood up and look for the oil pressure switch located somewhere in the engine block.
- Discard the electrical connectors from the oil pressure switch.
- Take the oil pressure switch put of the engine block with the help of oil pressure switch socket.
- Cover the threads of the new oil pressure switch with a layer of sealant and fix it to the engine block properly.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors to the new switch.
- Turn the vehicle on and examine the surrounding surface of the new switch for any leak.
Tips & Warning
- Don’t ever forget to use protective clothing while working with your vehicle. Use safety goggles, latex gloves, or closed toe shoes to prevent injuries.