Below guide will teach you How to Replace an Oil Pan Gasket . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Drain Pan
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Jack Stand Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Oil Pan Gasket
- Shop Towel
- DIY Costs: Est. $75.42 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $389.39 parts and labor
- Prop the engine hood up and look for the oil dipstick.
- Pull the oil dipstick out and turn the engine on for some time.
- Raise the front of the vehicle with floor jack and secure it in jack stands. Chock the rear wheels.
- Take the oil fill cap off.
- Place a drain pan under the engine and unplug the oil drain plug.
- Once the oil is drained out of the engine, remove the drain pan from under the engine.
- Now get at the oil pan gasket and take it out with the help of gasket scraper tool.
- Wipe off the engine block mounting surface to clear any debris, dirt or remaining particles of old gasket with scraper tool and old cloth.
- Position the new gasket over the mounting surface of the pan and fix it back to the engine block.
- Pour new engine oil as recommended by manufacturer.
- Recap the engine oil reservoir and turn the engine on.
- After some time, recheck the oil level in the engine oil reservoir and add more oil if required.
Tips & Warning
- Don’t ever forget to use protective clothing while working with your vehicle. Use safety goggles, latex gloves, or closed toe shoes to prevent injuries.