Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Lift Gate Strut . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Liftgate Strut
- Hood Prop
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $0.00 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $63.24 parts and labor
To make your task easy, follow the steps given:
- In order to replace the damaged or defective lift gate strut, open the lift gate.
- Secure the lift gate with prop rod.
- Next you have to disconnect the clip from the old shock which is positioned at the pivot points.
- Examine all the struts and replace the defective shock with new one.
- Fix the new shock on the specific place.
- Take the prop rod away.
- Open and close the lift gate to make sure that the fault is removed.