Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Tire Valve Stem . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- 3/8 in. Drive Torque Wrench
- Valve Stems
- DIY Costs: Est. $23.61 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $93.70 parts and labor
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface. Depending on the wheel of which you want to replace the tire valve stem, raise the vehicle accordingly. Support the vehicle on jack stands to ensure your safety.
- You need to have a tire iron, socket or ratchet to remove the lug nuts holding the tire in place.
- After removing the lug nuts, take the tire and wheel assembly away from the vehicle.
- Take the Schrader valve positioned inside the valve stem out. This will inflate the tire.
- With the help of tire machine, discard the bead of the tire.
- Next, take the bad valve stem out and replace it with the new valve stem.
- Inflate the tire keeping in view the manufacturer’s specifications for tire inflation. This will help the bead to seat properly in the tire.
- Balance the tire and wheel assembly properly before installing them back onto the vehicle.
- Install the wheel back onto the vehicle and secure the wheel with lug nuts.
- Remove the jack stand and floor jack and lower the vehicle.