Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Seat Belt and Seatbelt Retractor. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Seat Belt
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $29.90 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $114.33 parts and labor
- Unfasten the screws holding the retractor cover in place and remove it.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the retractor in its place.
- Take out the adjuster cover so that you can access the upper adjuster bolts.
- Once the adjuster is removed, you can easily remove the shoulder belt.
- Similarly, unfasten the bolts holding the lap belt and take the seat belt and retractor assembly out.
- Take a new seat belt and retractor and fix them by reversing the process.
- Fasten the adjuster bolts and replace the adjuster cover.
- Once the installation is complete, examine the seat belt and retractor is properly installed by pulling the seatbelt twice or thrice.