Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Window Motor . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Window Motor
- Continuity Tester
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- DIY Costs: Est. $62.61 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $219.54 parts and labor
- First of all, check the power window fuse. A blown fuse can be the case. Otherwise proceed to the next step.
- Take the interior door panel out. Remove the vapor barriers also.
- Make sure that the all the electrical connector to the window lift motor are intact.
- Take the glass out of the window regulator assembly and tape it to the door frame.
- Remove the window lift motor by unfastening the bolts.
- Take a new window lift motor and fix it with the help of bolts.
- Put back the vapor barriers.
- Reattach the door trim panel.
- Roll the window up and down several times to check whether the motor is installed properly.