Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Headlight Switch. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Headlight Switch
- 1/4 in. Drive Ratchet
- Trim Panel Removal Tool Set
- DIY Costs: Est. $52.55 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $141.06 parts and labor
- Put the ignition key to on position.
- Activate the headlight switch and check whether the headlights or fog lights are working or not.
- If lights don’t turn on, check the fuse and bulbs. Then, make sure that the switch is getting proper power and earthed reasonably.
- If the power is reaching to the switch but not coming out then the fault is with switch.
- Switch off the key and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Take the steering column cover off.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the switch.
- Take the old switch and install the new switch.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors and put back the steering column cover.
- Inspect the working of the headlights by turning the switch on.