Below guide will teach you How to Replace a Splash Guard Backing Plate . Please follow the instructions carefully.
Things You’ll Need:
- Floor Jack
- Socket and Ratchet Set
- Jack Stand Set
- 3/8 in. Drive Ratchet
- Brake Backing Plate
- DIY Costs: Est. $36.75 parts only
- Shop Costs: Est. $106.61 parts and labor
- Secure the vehicle on a flat surface and apply the parking brake.
- Lift up the front of the vehicle with floor jack and chock the rear wheels.
- To ensure your safety, support the vehicle on jack stands.
- In order to access the splash guard backing plate, move the wheel to right or left completely.
- Examine carefully the splash guard or backing plate for any signs of damage in the form of cracks or for any other wear and tear.
- Take the damaged guard or plate out by removing the mounting bolts found on the back of the hub.
- Take a new splash guard or plate and install it in place of old one.
- Secure the guar or plate with mounting bolts. Torque the bolts properly.
- Remove the vehicle from jack stands and floor jack and take a small drive to check if still there is any vibration or noise.